In grade 7 we will be studying a variety of topics from the some of the main branches of science: physics, chemistry, biology and geology. These topics include heat energy, astronomy, environmental ecology, the human body, sight and sound, elements and compounds. It is hoped that as you study these topics you will be
1. expanding your scientific vocabulary
2. developing your understanding of really important scientific concepts and ideas
3. getting familiar in the safe and proficient use of scientific equipment and instruments
4. improving your report writing skills when doing experiments or investigations
5. gaining an appreciation of the importance of science for understanding the world around us as well as how it contributes to our lives.